Sometimes, you just have to admit that your Mum was… probably… definitely… right. Well, at least that one time anyway.
And what better time to admit it and give thanks, than on Mother’s Day?
10 things that your Mum was probably right about…
1. Mum was right when she told you the old songs can often be the best… now it’s old-school reggae on repeat.
2. Mum was right… food is better shared with friends.
3. Mum was right… good things come to those who wait… like Trini Curry Chicken perhaps?
4. Mum was right… Happy Hour really should last all day!
5. Mum was right… you will eventually miss home.
6. Mum was right… when she told you to freeze leftovers – unless, you’re eating jerk chicken of course (this is when there’s no leftovers in sight).
7. Mum was right… when she said to get out there and have fun.
8. Mum was right… when she said “eat your vegetables, they’re good for you”… it’s probably advisable to trust in this one every now and then.
9. Mum was right… give new things a go. Should have trusted her that Curry Goat really is delicious a little earlier.
10. Mum was right… when she told you you could do anything you set your mind to. You can totally do it.
So, why not say thanks for always being right (and for finding that lost item of clothing that time) with a taste of the Caribbean sunshine?
And remember, if at first you don’t succeed… try doing it the way your Mum told you to right from the start.